The world of esports/gaming is growing and so are we!
At ESL FACE IT GROUP, we create worlds beyond gameplay, lifestyle, and culture.
Are you ready for the adventure?
Our Consumer Commerce team is growing and we are actively seeking a new team member to join our dynamic group.
As Merchandise, Operations Manager at EFG, you will be responsible for the end-to-end planning, execution, management & analysis across more than 13 esports events per annum and work with diverse teams around the globe. Your objective will be to provide a best-in-class fan experience, as well as drive commercial growth, working closely with the department head, internal stakeholders, and external agencies and suppliers. You will have full ownership and lead on event planning; designing and building the Shop booth; sourcing and managing staff and POS; teardown, logistics & post-event analysis.
The Merchandise, Operations Manager reports to our Director of Merchandise & Brand Licensing. Working closely with department heads, internal teams, and external partners, you will have full ownership of the following key responsibilities:
- Event Planning: Lead the strategic planning process for our merchandise operations, including sales forecasting and product design.
- Store Setup: Oversee the design and construction of merchandise shop booths at events.
- Product Visual Merchandising: Curate and manage the product display to maximize fan engagement and revenue.
- Logistics: Handle event teardown, logistics, and inventory management.
- Post-Event Analysis: Analyze merchandise sales data and costing to inform future strategies and optimizations
What you’ll do:
Strategic Planning (20%)
- Ongoing review and management of events performance and budgets, to ensure yearly targets are met. Logistics and continuous performance optimization across events to drive sales.
- Liaise with brand and design teams to define the visual merchandising strategy for our products at the event
- Ensure event cost budgets are kept, and revenue goals are reached
Event Planning (40%)
- Plan complementary shop experience at major esports events all over the world – across the ESL and Dreamhack schedule.
- Work with agencies to design the booth/tent (internal/external graphics/setup ideas) and required furniture
- Liaise with accounting, tax, and other stakeholders to ensure proper POS setup on the ground in terms of revenue intake and appropriate taxing of all inventory
- Liaise with the rest of the Merchandise team on product selection and pricing for an event giving visibility to operational and other constraints on the ground
- Manage our event equipment inventory including POS systems
Event execution (40%)
- Set up state-of-the-art retail experiences at tentpole events, as well as smaller efficiency-driven merch booths at smaller events.
- Work closely with major esports teams and games publishers to plan and execute in-store activations.
- Handle product logistics from and to the event
- Hire and manage sales staff on the ground, or work with venues’ concessionaires depending on the setup
- Supervise setup and tear down, as well as count-ins & count-outs if necessary.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders such as product, event & marketing teams to increase visibility for the merchandise store throughout the event
- Liaise with third-party vendors and promoters that we integrate into our setups, before, during, and after events
Do you feel ready for the challenge of working at @EFG? Join us for a game-changing career where we will be shaping the journey of esports with diversity and inclusion. We encourage you to apply by filling in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary.
Please apply by adding the requested documents CV or your cover letter in English and preferably in PDF format.
Our Recruitment Process – What to Expect?
Our recruitment team is committed to carefully reviewing and evaluating your application for this role. We will look
at your past studies, work experience, overall passions, as well as your personal relationship with games, to help us gauge the connection between these points and the criteria set forth by our hiring manager for this role. You can expect to be invited for an interview if your experience matches and/or an email notification containing feedback if you didn’t qualify for this round. Either way, you will hear from us!
About us @EFG:
EFG is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Each of our brands plays a significant role in creating worlds beyond gameplay.
They build, connect, and nurture beyond game ecosystems to unlock more fun, fame, and fortune for gamers across the globe.
- At ESL we create worlds where everybody can be somebody
- At FACEIT we create a world where the community has the power to shape video games
- At DreamHack we create a world where the gaming community comes to life
- At DreamHack Sports Games we create a world where traditional sports meets esports
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a similar role or relevant transferable skills
- Experience working with diverse teams and events (Global travel availability)
- Project Management experience
- Open to international travel
- Creative and curious, not afraid to try new things and take on new challenges
- Good understanding of marketing best practices and trends
- Experience managing teams at events
- Experience in operating & growing pop-up stores in or around events
- Work or personal experience in gaming or esports
- Strong leadership, people, and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in the English language, both spoken and written
- German and French-speaking abilities are a big plus
- PM tool knowledge/experience such as “Monday” is a plus
- Event Management in Sports/Esports/Entertainment is a plus