At EFG (ESL FACEIT Group) we create worlds beyond gameplay, where players and fans become a community. We pride ourselves in having a corporate social responsibility which is that “IT’S NOT GG, UNTIL IT’S GG FOR ALL”. Our passion, craft, and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events, and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, and heroes, as well as through our people, and culture.
Our Design team leads the design vision to ensure that it aligns with the objective of delivering high-quality user experiences for the community. Their role involves setting standards and guidelines to maintain consistency and excellence in the user interface and experience and we are currently looking for a talented and passionate Product Design Manager to lead and empower our team in crafting the future of competitive gaming.
What you will do
- Leading and mentoring a team of 4-5 talented designers embedded within FACEIT’s core product teams (Matchmaking, Tournaments, Team Leagues, Community Platform, Voice & Chat);
- Partner closely with product managers to define problem statement, defining deliverables and timelines;
- Balancing leadership with hands-on contribution: Sometime you’ll tackle design challenges alongside your team;
- Managing the design process;
- Championing the user experience throughout the entire product development process;
- Communicating design decisions clearly and persuasively to stakeholders, engineers, and other departments;
- Staying ahead of the curve by researching design trends and technologies;
- Analyzing user feedback and data to measure the success of design solutions and drive continuous improvement.
What you will need
- Prior experience leading and managing product designers, ensuring quality but also actively nurturing your direct reports and their careers;
- Ability to connect dots and context switching while working across different initiatives;
- Capable of inspiring and setting a design vision that links to the company and product strategy;
- Experience working in cross-functional teams with engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders;
- Ability to give honest, constructive feedback, and to help people to grow in their performance and careers;
- A strong portfolio of past work showcasing your design expertise and passion for creating user-centered experiences.
Nice to have
- Familiar with gaming, esports, and the competitive gaming landscape.
If you’re a talented and passionate designer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is eager to make a real impact on the world of competitive gaming, we encourage you to apply
Please note: This job description is intended to be a general overview and may not be exhaustive.
Firmly rooted in our values, EFG is an affirmative action employer that celebrates being an equal opportunity workplace. Our unwavering commitment to fair employment extends to all individuals, regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, marital status, gender identity, or Veteran status.