The world of Esports is growing and so are we!
At ESL Gaming, we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves on having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “Creating a World Where Everybody can be Somebody”. Our passion, craft, and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events, and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, and heroes, as well as through our people, and culture. This is one of many reasons why ESL is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
ESL Gaming is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Broadcast Studio Operator in the Vision Mixing team, with an interest or background in gaming and technology, to work full-time joining the Malaysia branch of the world’s largest Esports company. You will have the creative and technical skills required to plan and execute broadcasts of all scales, as well as take control of the staff working alongside you to ensure all facets of the production team are working cohesively.
This role will require taking a leading role in our TV production team to ensure the quality and vision of our broadcasts. No matter the game or scale, you are in charge of executing the planning, build, setup, and activation of regular weekly broadcasts.
We’re looking for…
- An experienced and highly motivated individual that wants complete creative control to operate quality broadcasts of video games.
- Experience Producing & Operating broadcasts in a live environment.
- End to end practical experience executing broadcasts.
- Experience in pre-production; including creative rundowns, stage designs, lighting, AV, camera plots etc.
- Experience in shot-calling shows, including directing multiple cameras in a live broadcast environment.
- Working knowledge of broadcast workflows and practices.
- Strong multitasking & problem-solving abilities.
- Able to work well with others in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Confident, decisive, and quick.
- Someone who feels at home in a control room.
- Experience and knowledge to manage people underneath you.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Working with talents to build the story and narrative of broadcasts.
- Shift flexibility including nights or weekends.
- Oversee the live broadcast as a whole. Liaise with the team to determine to schedule, verify show info, sponsorship requirements, rehearse and execute shows, and address all other broadcast needs.
- Produce live broadcasts. Craft show structure and source relevant show elements, assist in briefs for talents and the broadcast team and build rundowns.
- Assist in setups, including configuring all gear/ equipment and conducting test runs.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment as necessary.
- Plan the broadcast flow and oversee all parties involved to produce a coherent and professional stream.
- Take direction from the project manager, provide feedback and solutions.
- Liaise with project managers and League Ops to ensure that product vision and stream targets are being met.
- Working with Talent to build the story and narrative for broadcast.
- Continuously strive to improve the quality of ESL MY streams by proactively learning about new equipment, software or technology.
- Look for new and different styles, techniques, and methods to deliver top-quality experiences to your audience.
- Be willing to learn new broadcast programs and techniques.
- Help build and set up broadcasts from scratch.
- Have experience with and technical knowledge of all aspects of TV gear including vision switchers, audio desks, graphics output, replay systems etc.
- Understand the basics of online broadcasting, including streaming.
- Understand this isn’t your typical 9-5 job, flexibility to work nights and weekends on broadcasts and events is a must.
- High attention to detail while executing a live broadcast. Every cue, transition, graphic, audio track, and camera shot you will make perfect.
- Formal qualifications in Video, Media or TV.
- On-the-job experience in a similar role.
- Experience with TV hardware and software (VMIX, Tricaster, Caspar etc)
- Knowledge in production equipment/software to run the show (Camera, Lighting, Audio Mixer, OBS, Emulators, Converters etc)
- Strong prior experience broadcasting and streaming online.
- Fluent in verbal English is a must.
- Fast and proficient in all aspects of your work.
- Experience in a similar role and clearly shown in your CV and Showreel.
- Good proficiency in English/Bahasa Malaysia.
- Team Player – Always open to performing tasks and helping the production team. Willing to learn and follow.
- Efficient storyteller – You have the passion and skills to captivate the audience, knowing how to entertain and inform an audience, building up players into stars.
- You love gaming and Esports.
- You want to work full time in Esports broadcast scene.
- You are creative and want a way to express that through broadcasting and gaming.
- You have experience in a similar role or workplace.
- You have a strong technical knowledge of TV.
- You are an excellent content creator.
- You have strong initiative.
- You take great pride in your work and always push for the product to be the best it can be.
- You want opportunities to work abroad with other ESL offices around the world.
ESL FACEIT Group (EFG) is the world’s leading competitive gaming platform, combining ESL, the world’s leading independent esports company, and FACEIT, the leading digital destination for competitive gamers, offering the unique capability to deliver end-to-end solutions for players, publishers, developers, and partners. Through the combination, EFG is taking a long-term approach to increase the sustainability and global footprint of competitive gaming in a world where it represents the fastest-growing entertainment vertical.
EFG is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, applications must include your latest CV.
Help us understand why you’re the most suitable candidate for this role by being as elaborate as you can in the screening questions. ESL will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Malaysia, and do not require ESL’s sponsorship of a visa.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.