The world of esports/gaming is growing and so are we!
At ESL FACE IT GROUP, we create worlds beyond gameplay, lifestyle, and culture.
Our Advertising team is growing and we are actively seeking a new team member to join our dynamic group.
We are actively seeking a dynamic Vice President of Advertising Platforms & Partnerships who will play a pivotal role in spearheading the expansion and enhancement of EFG’s global advertising revenue. In this capacity, you will lead the charge in leveraging programmatic platforms and fostering strategic partnerships. Your mission is to drive a profound transformation within the EFG organization, fostering an environment dedicated to the continuous growth and development of our talented teams.
The role of the VP Advertising Platforms & Partnerships is fundamentally strategic, encompassing a blend of commercial, technological, and operational responsibilities. This position serves as a catalyst for our sales functions, executing high-impact ad product strategies, comprehensive planning, and go-to-market (GTM) strategies. Additionally, it assumes the pivotal role of being the primary point of contact and steward of business relationships with SSPs, DSPs, media agency trading desks, and other key sources of demand.
The ideal candidate is poised to excel in this dynamic and rapidly evolving industry and company landscape, boasting a robust ad tech background and a wealth of programmatic experience gained from roles at publishers, agencies, or ad tech vendors. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, adept at nurturing and sustaining both internal and external relationships. Furthermore, they bring valuable team management experience to the table, supported by a proven track record of leveraging data-driven insights to inform strategic decisions and drive revenue growth.
At EFG (ESL FaceIt Group), we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day.
We pride ourselves in having enabled and empowered the esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “Create worlds beyond gameplay, where players and fans become a community”. Our passion, craft, and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events, and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, and heroes, as well as through our people, and culture. This is one of many reasons why EFG is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Are you ready for the adventure?
What you’ll do:
Strategy & Planning (25%)
- Define and lead the annual and ongoing processes for our digital advertising technology stack to align with commercial priorities and delivering impact for the business
- Establish and manage strategic partnerships with with vendors across ad operations, programmatic and data providers
- Build and drive cross functional relationships to ensure that all tech partnerships and integrations are scoped and delivered on time
- Plan and advocate for resources and successfully oversee their implementation
- Keep current with changes in the industry and identify best practices that can be used to increase overall revenue; identify and attend industry events and relevant speaking engagements
Customer Engagement & Sales (35%)
- Own and deliver the revenue generated programmatically across both on and off-platform activity
- Spend time with customers to deeply understand their business needs and the opportunity that creates
- Provide subject matter expertise when supporting sales teams in automated buying methods
- Build a strong network of external contacts, resources, references, and tools needed to develop customer opportunities
- Build and manage a high-performing team of domain experts across programmatic technology, data, and advertising operations to support global advertising sales teams
- Create a culture of operational excellence to earn the trust of our customers and stakeholders
- Define and own ongoing weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reporting mechanisms for the ads business to commercial leadership
- Proactively identify technology issues and create alternative solutions
- Define and own delivery requirements against all impression-based activities both on and off-platform
- Identify the causes of complexities and invent ways to simplify our campaign delivery
- Define standard operating procedures (SOPs) for all operational touchpoints
- Act as a thought leader and identify ways to improve targeting and measurement capabilities
Do you feel ready for the challenge of working at @EFG? Join us for a game-changing career where we will be shaping the journey of esports with diversity and inclusion. We encourage you to apply by filling in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary.
Please apply by adding the requested documents CV or your cover letter in English and preferably in PDF format.
Our Recruitment Process – What to Expect?
Our recruitment team is committed to carefully reviewing and evaluating your application for this role. We will look
at your past studies, work experience, overall passions, as well as your personal relationship with games, to help us gauge the connection between these points and the criteria set forth by our hiring manager for this role. You can expect to be invited for an interview if your experience matches and/or an email notification containing feedback if you didn’t qualify for this round. Either way, you will hear from us!
About us @EFG:
EFG is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Each of our brands plays a significant role in creating worlds beyond gameplay.
They build, connect, and nurture beyond game ecosystems to unlock more fun, fame, and fortune for gamers across the globe.
- At ESL we create worlds where everybody can be somebody
- At FACEIT we create a world where the community has the power to shape video games
- At DreamHack we create a world where the gaming community comes to life
- At DreamHack Sports Games we create a world where traditional sports meets esports
- A minimum of 10+ years experience in Ad Tech, Publisher/Supply side and Agency side.
- Domain expertise in the ad tech ecosystem, including programmatic platforms, services, technology, and processes.
- Experience working with Ad servers, DSP, SSP, and exchange platforms and how technology can be best used to drive advertising revenue across platforms and regions
- People Manager: Experience in building and managing high-performing teams
- Experience negotiating contracts/agreements in collaboration with Legal and Finance teams
- Experience in managing complex integration projects in collaboration with product, marketing, and other business stakeholders
- Ability to work with large data sets, and determine trends/patterns that can be used for packaging and pricing decision-making
- Current understanding of key players globally in video, display, and mobile advertising market segment
- Ability to travel as required