The Immersive, Gaming Lifestyle Experience is Slated to Visit 9 Cities for 12 Festivals All Around the Globe
|PRESS RELEASE SUMMARY|
– DreamHack will host 12 festivals in 9 major cities
– DreamHack will host first-ever festivals in San Diego, CA, USA and Makuhari, Japan
– DreamHack Returns to Melbourne, Australia; Dallas, TX, USA; Hanover, Germany ; Valencia, Spain; Hyderabad, India; and Atlanta, Georgia, USA
– Return to Jönköping, Sweden for DreamHack Summer and Winter
STOCKHOLM — DreamHack, an ESL FACEIT Group brand, today celebrates “DreamHack Day”, a commemoration of the festival’s foundation in 1994 and the release of next year’s festival schedule. In 2023, DreamHack will embark on what is the boldest and most ambitious global tour ever with debut festivals in San Diego, CA, USA, and Makuhari, Japan.
In 2023, DreamHack will host 12 festivals in 9 major cities, including a return to Melbourne, Australia (April); Dallas, TX, USA (June); Hanover, Germany (June); Valencia, Spain (July); Hyderabad, India (October); and Atlanta, Georgia, USA (December); and DreamHack Summer (June) and Winter (December) in Jönköping, Sweden. In addition, DreamHack will host its first-ever festivals in San Diego, CA, USA (April) and Makuhari, Japan (May). Complete schedule is below.
“DreamHack is a festival for all gamers which creates an arena where you can come to connect, explore, win, play a part, and be yourself through a gaming lifestyle experience,” said Shahin Zarrabi, VP of Strategy & Growth for DreamHack. “With debut appearances in Japan and in San Diego in the U.S., coupled with returns to cities such as Melbourne, Valencia, Hyderabad and Jönköping, 2023 will be the most global and diverse DreamHack tour to date.”
Whether festival-goers are admiring cosplay costumes, participating in competitions, watching pros compete, learning to stream, enjoying a live music concert, attending panels, eying artwork, or testing technology at the expo, DreamHack offers an unforgettable experience for the family of gamers and the curious alike.
Select 2023 Festival Highlights:
- DreamHack San Diego will include the Snapdragon Pro Series Presented by Samsung – Mobile Challenge North America Finals, DreamHack Showdown Magic: the Gathering, with more to be announced
- DreamHack Melbourne will include ESL Challenger (CS:GO)
- DreamHack Dallas will feature Intel® Extreme Masters Dallas (CS:GO), ESL Impact Season 3 Global Finals (CS:GO)
- DreamHack Summer will feature DreamHack Fighters (Fighting Games)
- DreamHack Hanover (June) will include ESL Challenger (CS:GO)
- DreamHack Winter will feature ESL Challenger (CS:GO) and ESL Impact (CS:GO), and DreamHack Fighters (Fighting Games)
- DreamHack Hanover (December) will include ESL Impact Season 4 Global Finals (CS:GO)
- DreamHack Atlanta will feature ESL Challenger (CS:GO), and DreamHack Fighters Championships (Fighting Games)
DreamHack 2023 Schedule
|Apr 7-9, 2023||DreamHack San Diego, California, USA||Early Bird tickets on sale December 14.|
|Apr 28-30, 2023||DreamHack Melbourne,Australia||Early Bird tickets on sale December 12.|
|May 13-14, 2023||DreamHack Japan,Makuhari, Japan||Early Bird tickets on sale December 15.|
|June 2-4, 2023||DreamHack Dallas,Texas, USA||Tickets on sale January 17, 2023.|
|June 8-11, 2023||DreamHack Hanover,Germany||To Be Announced|
|June 16-18, 2023||DreamHack SummerJönköping, Sweden||Early Bird tickets on sale December 9.|
|July 7-9, 2023||DreamHack Valencia,Spain||To Be Announced|
|Oct 29-31, 2023||DreamHack Hyderabad,India||To Be Announced|
|Nov 24-26, 2023||DreamHack WinterJönköping, Sweden||To Be Announced|
|Dec 7-10, 2023||DreamHack Valencia,Spain||To Be Announced|
|Dec 14-17, 2023||DreamHack Hanover,Germany||To Be Announced|
|Dec 15-17, 2023||DreamHack Atlanta,Georgia, USA||To Be Announced|
ALL DATES AND LOCATIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
A UNPRECEDENTED HISTORY
What started as a gathering of friends and their computers in a school cafeteria — with no online access — has grown into a beacon of internet culture and a gathering place for gamers worldwide featuring everything gaming under one roof. Since its inception in 1994, DreamHack has held over 110 festivals in 21 different host cities, spanning 13 countries and five continents.
DreamHack has introduced an array of new festival experiences over the years while also solidifying its position as the market leader in multi-titled esports competitions. The festival experience will continue to innovate and improve the experience for both attendees and fans alike.
Read more about the events at dreamhack.com
* * *
DreamHack creates a world where the gaming community comes to life. The festivals, featuring everything gaming under one roof, create an arena where you can come to connect, explore, win, play a part, and be yourself through a gaming lifestyle experience. Attendees meet their favorite creators, experience professional esports tournaments, amateur and varsity gaming tournaments, world-famous bring-your-own-computer (BYOC) LAN party, cosplay championships, panels, art, activities, expo, screenings, live music, and more. DreamHack is part of ESL FACEIT Group, the leading competitive games and esports company.
# # #
ESL FACEIT Group / DreamHack media contacts:
Per Sjölin, ESL FACEIT Group / DreamHack – firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa A.E. Sanders, Tadpole Communications – +1 404.909.6726 | email@example.com