|PRESS RELEASE SUMMARY|
– After the highly successful IEM Rio CS:GO Major Championship last year, IEM is returning to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on April 17-23, where 16 of the best CS:GO teams in the world will compete for the coveted title
– The last three days of the competition will take place in the Jeunesse Arena, where the top six teams will face off against each other live in front of one of the world’s most energetic crowds
– With a total prize pool of $250,000, the winning team will also qualify for the IEM Cologne 2023 competition
– Home crowd favorites, FURIA, MIBR and Imperial Sportsbet have been confirmed to compete at the event, and will be playing against top teams including: FaZe Clan, Team Vitality, Heroic, Natus Vincere, and many more
– IEM Rio 2023 can be streamed on Twitch and Youtube and via broadcast partners
Cologne/New York – Intel® Extreme Masters (IEM) is returning to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, with 16 of the world’s best Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) teams from around the world competing for a share of the prize pool and a spot in the IEM Cologne 2023 competition. Fans will witness intense competition and have the opportunity to experience the action live during the Playoff Stage held at the iconic Jeunesse Arena.
Here is all you need to know about IEM Rio 2023:
Following the immense success of last year’s IEM Rio CS:GO Major Championship Made of Madness, ESL, an ESL FACEIT Group brand, is bringing IEM back to the Brazilian coastal city on April 17-23.
The ESL Pro Tour Masters competition, IEM Rio 2023, will see 16 top-tier CS:GO teams from around the globe battle it out for a total prize pool of $250,000 and a spot in the IEM Cologne 2023 tournament. The competition kicks off with the Group Stage on April 17 in which the participating teams will face off in two groups of eight.
The six best teams will then proceed to the live Playoff Stage on April 21-23. During those final three days, fans from Brazil and beyond are set to experience the unrivaled atmosphere once again as the top squads enter the stage and come face to face at the Jeunesse Arena in Rio de Janeiro.
Schedule & Format
Group Stage: April 17-19
- The Group Stage will feature two double-elimination format (GSL) groups with eight teams in each group. The opening matches will be best-of-one with the subsequent matches being best-of-three.
- The top three teams from each group will advance to the Playoffs with Group Stage winners advancing to the semi-finals, 2nd places advancing to the quarter-finals as High Seeds, and 3rd places advancing to the quarter-finals as Low Seeds.
Playoffs: April 21-23
- The Playoffs will feature a single elimination bracket with the quarter and semi-finals being a best-of-three to win. The Grand Final will be a best-of-three to win.
- Natus Vincere
- Faze Clan
- Team Vitality
- Ninjas In Pyjamas
- Imperial Sportsbet
- The MongolZ
- 9Z Team
Commentators and Analysts
In-Arena Experience During the Breaks
- Alexandre “gAuLeS” Borba
- Jean “mch” Michel D’Oliveira
- Andre ‘Liminha’ Kenzo
- Fillipe “bt0” Moreno
- Victor “VelhoVamp” Augusto Taube
- Diego ‘LLAUQS’ Sanches
- Alessandro “Apoka” Marcucci
|3rd – 4th||$20,000|
|5th – 6th||$10,000|
|7th – 8th||$6,000|
|9th – 12th||$5,000|
|13th – 16th||$4,000|
IEM Rio 2023 will feature a variety of on-site activities and event for attending fans, including:
- Signing sessions: There will be multiple signing sessions from competing teams, hosts, commentators and on-site narrators happening throughout the tournament, including home-favorite FURIA
- Tribo Booth: The booth will feature all of the on-site narrators and entertainers hosting signing sessions as well as others. While on-site, the narrators will provide entertainment during the breaks, with Liminha and Bt0 reporting from the crowd.
- FURIA Booth: Fans have the opportunity to get to know one of Brazil’s biggest esports organizations, meet their favorite players and fellow fans, compete in activities, play games, win prizes and much more
- Intel® Booth: At the official Intel® booth, fans can try out the latest games and the newest hardware
- ESL Shop: The ESL Shop offers a wide variety of esports merch, including team products and ESL Collectibles
- Counter-Strike 2 free-play area: Fans eagerly waiting to jump into Counter-Strike 2 can expect a unique experience and play the game at IEM Rio 2023
- Food trucks: For those looking for a bite or something to drink, IEM Rio 2023 offers several options at the on-site food trucks
- Partner activations inside the arena:
- The DHL booth: Delivered by DHL, fans have the opportunity to open CS:GO cases and win amazing skins
- 1xBet Booth: Fans can compete for prizes, participate in 1v1 challenges and art sections, meet some of their favorite players, and more
- Monster Energy Booth: Performers will show off their skills on their skateboards, while fans can also grab a drink to keep them going throughout the day
Stay tuned as additional side activities will be announced.
Where to watch:
Assets for IEM Rio can be found in the press kit which is available here.
About ESL FACEIT Group
ESL FACEIT Group (EFG) is the leading esports and video game entertainment company dedicated to creating worlds beyond gameplay where players and fans become community. EFG is built on a legacy of world-renowned brands including ESL, FACEIT, DreamHack and DreamHack Sports Games, providing innovative ecosystems for global communities of players, fans and creators around the games they love. Working alongside leading partners, brands and global IPs, EFG operates an unmatched portfolio of live events, digital platforms and developer tools that reach and engage millions of gamers worldwide. For more information visit www.eslfaceitgroup.com.
ESL creates a world where everybody can be somebody. For more than two decades, we have been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation globally across the most popular video games, creating a comprehensive ecosystem with opportunities for players to go from zero to hero and for fans to witness the best stories esports has to offer. The ESL portfolio consists of high-profile products such as the ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, the Snapdragon Pro Series, and many more, ranging from grassroots to global elite competitions. ESL is part of ESL FACEIT Group, the leading competitive games and esports company.
About Intel® Extreme Masters
Intel® Extreme Masters is the longest-running global professional esports tournament circuit in the world. Started in 2006 by Intel® and ESL, the competition features the world’s best gamers in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, StarCraft® II, and other esport titles. Approaching two decades of history and many record-breaking events in terms of viewership and stadium attendance, IEM is widely considered one of the most prestigious and traditional esports tournaments in the world (www.intelextrememasters.com).