The dust has settled after FaZe Clan hoisted the ESL Pro League Season 17 trophy in Malta and thereby completed their Intel® Grand Slam run to claim the $1,000,000 cash prize as well as the iconic gold bars.
With the next big competition about to kick off, ESL FACEIT Group (EFG), the leading competitive games and esports company, and Intel® are excited to announce that the new Intel® Grand Slam V race commences with Intel® Extreme Masters (IEM) Rio 2023. The event takes place on April 17-23, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, with teams competing in front of a live audience in the Jeunesse Arena on April 21-23.
Once the highly anticipated Counter-Strike 2 (CS2) is released and implemented into the ESL Pro Tour (EPT) ecosystem, any eligible event wins in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) will count towards the Intel® Grand Slam and as such a team can complete their run with wins in both CS:GO and CS2.
The Intel® Grand Slam V can be completed by the first team to win three EPT Masters tournaments and one EPT Championship tournament (IEM Katowice, IEM Cologne, or ESL-operated CS Majors) inside a span of ten consecutive events.
- The list of eligible EPT Masters events & EPT Championship events are listed available on the Intel® Grand Slam homepage.
- Results from the Intel® Grand Slam IV are not counted towards Intel® Grand Slam V.
- Teams are allowed to swap players between tournaments, but a core of the same three players have to win four finals together in order to be eligible for the Intel® Grand Slam.
- If a player has left his or her team and competed in an Intel® Grand Slam event for another team, he or she becomes ineligible for any Intel® Grand Slam prize money if his or her old team would win.
- If a team that is about to complete the Intel® Grand Slam is defeated in the final of their potential 4th win, their opponents receive the $100,000 “giant killer bonus.” The one exception to the rule is if a team denying the completion of the Intel® Grand Slam completes it in the same final.
- There is no limit to how many giant killer bonuses are paid out in a single Intel® Grand Slam campaign.
For more information about the Intel® Grand Slam history and its previous winners, visit the official website.