Motionless in White to Headline Live Music Concert on Saturday, June 4
Collegiate Rocket League World Championship, Panels, Indie Playground, Artists Alley, Creator Hub and More Added
STOCKHOLM — DreamHack Dallas, the three-day, immersive gaming lifestyle festival, is just two weeks away, but additional content is still being added for this ultimate gaming weekend experience June 3-5, 2022, at the Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center. Newly added is live music concerts, panels, Teams competing in the Collegiate Rocket League World Championship, Creators Hub participants, and more.
The weekend will mark the first full-scale DreamHack festival in nearly 2.5 years, offering everything gaming under one roof. Tickets start at $42 for a one-day pass and $99 for a three-day experience. More details are available at dreamhack.com/dallas/tickets.
METAL NIGHT — LIVE MUSIC CONCERTS
Three acts will be taking the main stage to provide live music concerts during DreamHack Dallas:
- Motionless in White | Sat, June 4 | 9:30pm
- Motionless In White harnessed the power of an unholy union between industrial metal dissonance, spellbinding gothic pop bombast, and big screen-worthy iconography to emerge as 21st-century rock’s most iconoclastic and cinematic force.
- Jonathan Young with special guest Caleb Hyles | Sat, June 4 | 8pm
- Jonathan Young is best known for his YouTube covers of popular and nostalgic songs from Disney movies, Anime shows, video games and more. His debut at DreamHack will also mark his first-ever live performance.
- CMD81 | Sat, June 4 | 7pm
- Louisiana-based CMD81 comes highly recommended by a past Dallas music guest (Cane Hill). The group will be hanging out all three days of the festival and opening for this explosive metal night.
COLLEGIATE ROCKET LEAGUE 2022 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Featuring 16 of the best collegiate teams from all around the world, the Collegiate Rocket League 2022 World Championship will be the first major intercontinental competition for collegiate Rocket League teams and players. The World Championship finals will take place at DreamHack Dallas.
North America Colleges are:
- Columbia College — Columbia, MO
- Collège de Valleyfield — Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Quebec, Canada
- Northwood University — Midland, MI
- Oakland University — Auburn Hills and Rochester Hills, MI
- Penn State — State College, PA
- St. Clair College — Windsor, Ontario
- Stockton University — Galloway, NJ
- University of Central Florida — Orlando, FL
- University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV) — Las Vegas, Nevada
- University of Texas at Arlington — Arlington, TX
European Colleges are:
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology — Karlsruhe, Germany
- Keele University — Keele, England
- Technical University of Berlin — Berlin, Germany
- University of Hamburg — Hamburg, Germany
- University of Portsmouth — Portsmouth, England
- University of Salford — Salford, England
DREAMHACK AMATEUR OPEN FEATURING FORTNITE
Anyone with a BYOC ticket can enter and have a shot at winning a piece of the $25,000 prize pool in the original Fortnite Battle Royale on June 3 (details here). The tournament will be played in solos.
- 10am — OPEN signups unlimited slot qualifier
- 1pm — Matches start
- Spectating is available to lobby hosts/spectator accounts only with no stream
- The top 95 players qualify for the finals
- 10am — Registration opens
- 1pm Matches Start
- 3:59pm — Final match allowed to start
- 4:35pm — Open closed
- 6pm — Broadcast begins; First match to begin shortly after (estimated finish at 10pm)
- Six consecutive games; new games every 35 minutes
Panels offer the opportunity to hear from a variety of experts about topics relevant to the gaming and esports industry. Full Schedule is here.
Fri, June 3 | Beginning at 12pm (one-hour slots)
- The Technology Behind Content Creation
- COPE Session One
- COPE Session Two
- Safety and Security in Online Spaces
- Careers in Esports
- Monetization in Gaming: Content Creators
- Networking – How to get sponsored online and in-person
Sat, June 4 | Beginning at 12pm (one-hour slots)
- Character Creation: From Concept to Reality
- Panel TBD
- Women in Gaming: Career Opportunities and Advice
- Inclusion in Your Gaming Community
- Metal Health Matters
- Tales from Launch Week (Game Development)
Sun, June 5 | Beginning at 12pm (one-hour slots)
- Meet the Cosplay Judges
- Navigating Copyright as a Content Creator
- Media in Gaming: Diversifying Your Brand
- Relationship Management – Sponsored Content
- The Creative Process – Stories from Streamers, Cosplayers, Photogs & More
Indie activities offer a sneak peek at new games before they hit the market or games you might have missed upon release.
Participating developers include:
- nonPareil Institute
- Half Human Games
- Meddling Kids
- Dapper Dog Digital
- Skullpixl Games
- Hiding Spot Games
- Foolish Mortals
- PixelNAUTS Games
- Blue Gear Games, LLC
The DreamHack Artist Alley offers an array of comic, pop, cosplay, original work, and pure creativity for artists to showcase their work, and for attendees to find something new and unique. In addition, attendees will be able to peruse the artist alley and look for something special to add to their own collections.
Participating artists include:
- Lost Pause
- Art of Alexander Iaccarino
- Cinamuffins Art
- Ruby Art
- Oops! All Kawaii!
- Gallery Panda
- Art By Quinton
- Queen Riot
- Grandiose Glitches
- Neon Future Designs
- So Stache Art
- More TBD
# # #
DreamHack is an immersive, gaming lifestyle experience where the community comes to life. The 24 hour-a-day festival weekends feature everything gaming under one roof. Attendees experience professional esports tournaments, amateur and varsity gaming tournaments, world-famous bring-your-own-computer (BYOC) LAN party, cosplay championship, panels, art, activities, expo, screenings, live music and more. The DreamHack brand is a part of ESL Gaming, the world’s leading esports company.
More information is available at dreamhack.com and about.eslgaming.com.