Three-Day Festival to Include Everything Gaming Under One Roof Including $130,000 “Magic: The Gathering” Atlanta Showdown and More
|PRESS RELEASE SUMMARY|
– YouTuber Ludwig will spend 50 hours in a glass box at DreamHack Atlanta to raise funds for charity across the three days of the festival.
– Skyscraper activation in the expo with freeplay, broadcasted tournament and more
– Magic: The Gathering DreamHack Showdown with prize pools more than $150,000
– More fighting games added to the lineup totaling $39,000 in prize pools and global competitors
– Cosplay Championship with $2,500 in prizing; Atlanta-based cosplay guests; Pet cosplay contest
– Live music creation experience
– Expo activities and activations
– Street Dancing Competition with a $2,500 prize pool
COLOGNE / STOCKHOLM / NEW YORK — DreamHack Atlanta, the three-day, immersive, gaming lifestyle festival, has announced additional content for this ultimate weekend gaming experience November 18-20, 2022, at the Georgia World Congress Center. Among the experiences offered throughout the weekend will be Content Creator Ludwig Ahgren locked in a glass box for 50 straight hours to raise at least $100,000 for two charities: Alveus Sanctuary and No Kid Hungry.
DreamHack’s 2022 global tour includes a total of 10 festivals in seven countries. DreamHack has not been to Atlanta since before the pandemic in November 2019. DreamHack’s first event since the pandemic was DreamHack Dallas in June. Ticket prices start at $31 for a one-day pass, and $85 for a three-day experience and are available at: dreamhack.com/atlanta/tickets.
NEW DREAMHACK ATLANTA CONTENT ADDED
LUDWIG x DREAMHACK
In a “The Truman Show” style format, American content creator/YouTuber Ludwig will live in a locked glass box for 50 straight hours at DreamHack Atlanta. During this time, he will strive to raise at least $100,000 for two charities: Alveus Sanctuary and No Kid Hungry.
Beginning with his lock-in at 2pm on Friday, and continuing through his release at 4pm on Sunday, Ludwig can be expected to participate in a variety of his infamously hilarious stunts and antics based on how much he does (or does not) raise to meet his fundraising goals.
Attendees who purchase DreamHack tickets with the code “LUDWIG20” will help support his cause as 20% of the ticket sale price will be added to Ludwug’s fundraising totals. More at dhk.gg/ludwig.
DREAMHACK MAGIC — More than $150,000 in prize pools
Magic: The Gathering Atlanta Showdown will be a universe of opportunity for competition, community, and fun. From top competitors to new and casual players, there is Magic for everyone at DreamHack Atlanta.
- U.S. Regional Championship, Round 1 ($130,000 prize pool, invitation only)
The best players in the country will compete for $130,000 in cash playing “Pioneer” on Saturday and Sunday.
- “The Brothers’ War Sealed” Open ($10,000 prize pool)
Casual and Commander players are welcome for this Open tournament.
- “Pioneer” Open ($10,000 prize pool)”
Casual and Commander players are welcome for this Open tournament.
Skyscraper is the next generation of TPS Battle Royale Shooter games highlighting diversity of battle mechanics and the thrill of high intensity gameplay in every session — all taking place in an urban city setting where mobility and verticality is key to be a step above the competition.
At the Expo
Visit the Skyscraper space in the Expo all weekend long, complete with freeplay, giveaways, a chance to sign up for The Beta (taking place after DreamHack Atlanta), and more.
On Saturday, Nov 19 and Sunday, Nov 20, the Skyscraper stage will feature broadcasted tournaments. Details to be announced.
FIGHTING GAMES TOURNAMENTS — Now up to $39,000 in prize pools
DreamHack has added additional fighting games tournament (FGC), and the weekend of tournaments will feature competitors from around the world, including Kenyan Sophia “QueenArrow” Gathoni, Atlanta-based Super Smash Ultimate Player Griffin “Fatality Falcon” Miller, Guilty Gear Top Player Hotashi, and more.
Newly added fighting games include:
- Rushdown Revolt — $10,000 tournament
Free-to-play, indie platform fighter Rushdown Revolt joins the lineup. Compete for a shot at the developer-funded prize pool and experience one of the fastest fighting games the genre has to offer. Signups are available now HERE. Download the game free on Steam HERE.
- Additional Pop Up Tournaments
Register to compete through HERE
- Additional $1500 prize pools for:
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- Guilty Gear XRD Rev 2
- The FGC area will also host an enticing amount of arcade fun with a variety of rhythm, driving, and fighting games.
COSPLAY EVENTS — $2,500 in prizes
DreamHack Atlanta’s Cosplay Championship will be looking out for cosplayer craftsmanship, technical difficulty, accuracy, embodiment of the character, and stage presence. Competitors will compete among the categories of Expert, Artisan and Novice for a share of the $2500 prize pool. All competitors will receive a free three-day pass to DreamHack Atlanta.
Special Cosplay Guests at DreamHack Atlanta include:
- Atlanta-based Beyond Cosplay Judge — Brown.Suga.Outlaw
- Atlanta-based Cosplay Speed Build Guest — Tygarlily
- Atlanta-based Cosplay Contest Judge — Pumpkin.Pixie.Princess e
- Atlanta-based Cosplay Guest — Atlanta Cosplayers
- Atlanta-based Cosplay Corner Guests — Cosplay Volunteers of Atlanta
- Cosplay Guest & Panelist — AKrCos
- Cosplay Corner Guest — JustYeliz
- Cosplay Guest & Panelist — Lemon
- Cosplay Corner Guest — Nikkosplay
- Cosplay Content Judge — SarahSpaceman
“Gamer’s Best Friend” Pet Cosplay Contest
Follow DreamHack’s social channels to submit pets in cosplay costumes for DreamHack’s first-ever “Gamer’s Best Friend” Pet Cosplay Contest. To enter, dress your pet and tag your post with #GamersBestFriend #DHATLCosplay. Three winners will be chosen to receive free three-day DreamHack Atlanta passes, plus a pet gift basket.
In the DreamHack Expo Hall, exhibitors present the world’s newest hardware and software, games, gadgets, gaming gear and swag, and including official partners Monster Energy, Circle K, Intel, Juniper, and United States Air Force. Attendees will also find activities such including giveaways, contests, and more. Note that developers, programmers, streamers, pro gamers, and other celebrities also frequent the expo.
- Skyscraper expo space will feature freeplay, giveaways, and a chance to sign up for The Beta..
- Artist Alley offers an array of comic, pop, cosplay, original work, and pure creativity for artists to showcase their work, and for attendees to find something new and unique. Attendees can also peruse the artist alley to look for something special to add to their own collections.
- Cosplay Corner is an area dedicated to everything Cosplay, whether a Pro Cosplayer, a beginner, or a fan who loves watching characters come to life. Meet your favorite Cosplayer, take incredible photos, start new friendships, and learn more about the Cosplay lifestyle.
- Indie Playground offers a sneak peek at new games before they hit the market, or games you might have missed upon release.
Friday, Nov 18 | 5:30-7:30pm
On Friday evening, DreamHack Atlanta will feature a live music creation experience with invited creator Justine Griffin — she will build iconic and nostalgic songs via looping from DreamHack Atlanta’s Main Stage during a not-to-be-missed event.
STREET DANCING EXHIBITION — $2,500 Prize Pool
Friday, Nov 18 | 8-10pm
Following the live music creation experience, DreamHack Atlanta will present its first-ever Street Dance Battle with the ‘Bring Your Own Shoes’ (BYOS) finale.
Join top dancers and judges to watch competitors battle it out for a $2500 prize pool:
• Ah Moonz
The event will also feature personalities, including:
• Atlanta-based emcee Bryan “B-Bop” Donaldson
• Emcee Bemmie
• Atlanta-based DJ Alphatrion
Contestants must have a valid ticket for Friday (the day of the competition). Full details are available HERE. The top 11 dancers will receive two tickets to a future DreamHack of their choice. First place is $1000, with the other top seven each receiving a cash prize.
ATLANTA ESPORTS SUMMIT
In addition, the annual Esport Summit will take place ahead of DreamHack Atlanta, punctuating the thriving esports industry in Georgia and beyond. Esports Summit provides global business leaders and educators a comprehensive view of the entire esports ecosystem, including networking opportunities, presentations from industry leaders, and workshops with some of the largest names in the esports and scholastic esports industry. Early Bird Early Bird all-access tickets (through Oct 31) include two days of the summit AND three 3-day passes to DreamHack Atlanta (for you and two guests).
As previously announced, more than $400,000 in prize money will be up for grabs through competitions and tournaments open to everyone. These include DreamHack Featuring Fortnite, DreamHack Starcraft 2 Masters (invitation only), DreamHack Fighters (fighting games), and BYOC Tournaments, as well as the newly-added Magic: The Gathering DreamHack Showdown, Cosplay Championship, Street Dancing Exhibition, and more.
* * *
DreamHack creates a world where the gaming community comes to life. The festivals, featuring everything gaming under one roof, create an arena where you can come to connect, explore, win, play a part, and be yourself through a gaming lifestyle experience. Attendees meet their favorite creators, experience professional esports tournaments, amateur and varsity gaming tournaments, world-famous bring-your-own-computer (BYOC) LAN party, cosplay championships, panels, art, activities, expo, screenings, live music, and more. DreamHack is part of ESL FACEIT Group, the leading competitive games and esports company.