More Than $930,000 Up For Grabs Across Seven Esports Tournaments at Three-Day Gaming Lifestyle Festival on June 2-4
|PRESS RELEASE SUMMARY
– DreamHack will host Intel® Extreme Masters (IEM) Dallas, one of North America’s largest CS:GO tournaments.
– Top Halo squads will head to Texas for DreamHack-hosted Halo Championship Series Global Invitational.
– North American and European all-women Rocket League squads will face off in first-ever Rocket Clash.
– ESL Impact will bring world’s best women’s CS:GO teams together with $123,000 on the line.
– Collegiate Rocket League standouts will compete in $70,000 Collegiate Rocket League World Championship.
– The DreamHack Open Featuring Fortnite will return for its second installment, giving BYOC attendees a shot at the $250,000 prize pool.
– DreamHack Fighters will offer a $90,000 prize pool across seven popular fighting games.
DALLAS, Texas – May 3, 2023 – DreamHack Dallas, a three-day gaming lifestyle festival, has announced its diverse slate of esports programming for the weekend of June 2-4, 2023, at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center. In its return to Dallas, the festival will feature seven marquee esports tournaments with $933,000 in total prizing, including world-class competitions for women and collegiate competitors.
DreamHack Dallas is one of several DreamHack festivals across multiple countries this year. Tickets start at $35 for a single day and $99 for three-day access, with more information available at dreamhack.com/dallas/tickets/.
Top 16 CS:GO Squads Clash at IEM Dallas 2023
Sixteen of the world’s top teams will face off at DreamHack in one of the most prestigious North American Counter Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) tournaments of the year: Intel® Extreme Masters (IEM) Dallas. All DreamHack Dallas ticket holders have access to the tournament, which features a $250,000 prize pool and a win in the race to complete Intel® Grand Slam V. The winner of IEM Dallas will automatically qualify for the Group Stage of IEM Cologne 2023, a $1 million event taking place on July 25-August 6.
Halo Championship Series Brings $125K Invitational to Dallas
DreamHack Dallas will play host to one of two Halo Championship Series Global Invitationals this season. Sixteen teams representing North America, Europe, Mexico, and Oceania will compete for the lion’s share of the $125,000 prize pool.
Rocket Clash Highlights Top Women Rocket League Competitors
North America and Europe’s top all-women Rocket League trios will compete for the $20,000 Rocket Clash prize purse. Online qualifiers and group stages will narrow down squads to two representatives from each region to face off live at the festival on June 3. Sign-ups for regional qualifiers are open now.
For more information, visit dreamhack.com/dallas/rocket-clash/.
World’s Top All-Women CS:GO Teams Meet at ESL Impact Dallas Finals
Eight of the world’s best all-women squads will clash at the ESL Impact Dallas Finals, a three-day, $123,000 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament. This event will crown the winner of League Season 3 of ESL Impact, a part of parent company ESL FACEIT Group’s #GGFORALL initiative. Following the belief that “it’s not GG [Good Game] until it’s GG for all,” #GGFORALL aims to tackle discrimination, foster diversity and inclusion, promote mental wellbeing, and progress environmental sustainability in esports.
Collegiate Rocket League World Championship unites top scholastic squads
Collegiate Rocket League is bringing its World Championship to DreamHack Dallas, where 16 of the best teams from North America and Europe will compete for their share of the $75,000 prize pool. The group stage will take place June 2-3, with the eight remaining teams battling through a single-elimination bracket on June 4.
For more information, visit dreamhack.com/dallas/crl/.
BYOC ticket-holders gear up to compete in $250,000 Fortnite tournament
DreamHack Open Featuring Fortnite, a Zero Build Duos competition that debuted at DreamHack San Diego, is bringing its second installation to Dallas. Available to all BYOC ticket holders, the three-day competition provides an opportunity for attendees of all skill levels to test their mettle and clash for $250,000 in prize money. The top 10 duos will also qualify for Gamers8 Featuring Fortnite, a $2 million event taking place in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, from July 28-31.
Full details can be found at dreamhack.com/dallas/fortnite/.
Challenge Texas’ Best at DreamHack Fighters
Fighting game competitors are invited to a full slate of tournaments across seven popular titles at DreamHack Dallas. Available to all guests, tournaments include both singles and doubles play with $90,000 in total prizing. Participating titles include:
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Guilty Gear Strive
- Tekken 7
- King of Fighters XV
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
More information, including daily schedules, will be revealed soon at dreamhack.com/dallas/fgc/.
Explore a slate of gaming lifestyle programming and activities
In addition to competitive experiences, DreamHack Dallas offers something for every type of gamers, including:
- Cosplay: DreamHack Dallas will be a hub for cosplay, featuring a $3,000 competition.
- BYOC LAN: BYOC ticket holders can grab their PC or console and participate in a number of top titles during the BYOC LAN, one of DreamHack’s tentpole experiences.
- Freeplay: DreamHack’s Freeplay area gives attendees a chance to play 12 titles – including Counter-Strike 2.
- Arcade: Explore DreamHack’s largest arcade yet, with a variety of cabinets for guests of all kinds – all free to play. Attendees will have the chance to participate in a range of competitions and giveaways hosted at the Arcade throughout the festival.
- Artist Alley and Marketplace: Creatives from around the country will host pop-up shops with gaming-themed shirts, posters, pins, and more.
- Creator Hub: Content creators have multiple ways to connect with fans at DreamHack Dallas, including broadcasting live from the Stream Studio, networking at the Creator Lounge, or hosting fan meet & greets.
* * *
DreamHack creates a world where the gaming community comes to life. The festivals, featuring everything gaming under one roof, create an arena where you can come to connect, explore, win, play a part, and be yourself through a gaming lifestyle experience. Attendees meet their favorite creators, experience professional esports tournaments, amateur and varsity gaming tournaments, world-famous bring-your-own-computer (BYOC) LAN party, cosplay championships, panels, art, activities, expo, screenings, live music, and more. DreamHack is part of ESL FACEIT Group, the leading competitive games and esports company.
About ESL FACEIT Group
ESL FACEIT Group (EFG) is the leading esports and video game entertainment company dedicated to creating worlds beyond gameplay where players and fans become community. EFG is built on a legacy of world-renowned brands including ESL, FACEIT, DreamHack and DreamHack Sports Games, providing innovative ecosystems for global communities of players, fans and creators around the games they love. Working alongside leading partners, brands and global IPs, EFG operates an unmatched portfolio of live events, digital platforms and developer tools that reach and engage millions of gamers worldwide. For more information visit www.eslfaceitgroup.com