The business conference accompanying the final weekend of IEM Katowice 2023 will be held on February 10-11
Cologne/New York — ESL FACEIT Group (EFG), the leading competitive games and esports company, today announced details of the upcoming EFG Esports Forum – the international business conference accompanying the final weekend of Intel® Extreme Masters (IEM) in Katowice, Poland. This year’s congress is set to take place on February 10 – 11, and will cover the latest and crucial topics of the esports industry.
Friday, February 10, 2023: Esports Elevated. Trends and Perspectives
On the first day of the EFG Esports Forum speakers will share the latest research and present key trends in the development of the esports industry. On top of that, industry experts will discuss the topic of diversity and inclusion in esports, and share some of the most interesting campaigns and plans for next years.
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am – EFG – Worlds Beyond Gameplay, Aleksander Szlachetko, Managing Director, EFG Poland
- 11:00 am – 12:00 am – Case Study of Gucci Gaming Academy, Giulia Zecchini, Commercial Strategy Director, EFG
- 12:00 am – 01:00 pm – How the Games Industry is Changing, Tony Habschmidt, Head of Consulting, Newzoo
- 01:00 pm – 01:30 pm – coffee break
- 01:30 pm – 02:00 pm – Case Study of Snapdragon® Pro Series, Simon Eicher, Director Game Ecosystems Mobile, EFG
- 02:00 pm – 03:00 pm – Diversity and Inclusion Panel – Julia Hiltscher, Director Corporate Social Responsibility, EFG; Urszula Klimczak, Performance Coach; ESL Impact players
The meeting will be held in English, with translation into Polish.
Saturday, February 11, 2023: Video games and esports: an opportunity for Europe’s digital future. The example of Poland
The second day of the Forum, organized jointly with the Interactive Software Federation of Europe (ISFE) – Esports, will be held under the theme “Video games and esports: an opportunity for Europe’s digital future. The example of Poland.” This part of the conference will focus on the relationship between the esports industry and the economy – nationwide and local. Panel discussion topics will include the impact of esports on local governments and community development, as well as the development of the digital economy and social competencies in the EU. The event will be attended by invited representatives of public institutions, local and EU politicians, and experts in the gamification and esports industry.
The conference will include two discussion panels moderated by Paweł Hekman, a game producer and publicist.
11:30 am – 01:00 pm | EU Parliament Initiatives: a chance for video games and esports?
- Anna Krupka – Secretary of State, Ministry of Sports and Tourism
- Nepomuk Nothelfer – Esports Researcher for the European Parliament Committee for Culture & Education, SKW Schwartz
- Dominika Urbańska-Galanciak – Managing Director, Association of Producers and Distributors of Entertainment Software (SPIDOR)
- Sergi Mesonero – Head of ISFE Esports (Interactive Software Federation of Europe)
01:30 pm – 03:30 pm | Poland: a European video games and esports powerhouse
- Joanna Sekula – Member of the Senate (for Sosnowiec), Deputy Chairwoman of the Senate’s Committee of Science, Education and Sports
- Jakub Mazur – Deputy Mayor of Wrocław
- Mariusz Jankowski – Director of the Investor Services Department, Katowice
- Wojciech Maroszek – Director of the Investor Services Department, Katowice
- Aleksander Szlachetko – Managing Director EFG Poland
- Mariusz Klamra – CEO, GRY-Online
- Dariusz Grzywaczewski – Business Development Manager, CD Projekt Red
The meeting will be held in Polish, with English translation. For more details and updates, visit the official EFG Esports Forum website. To participate in the conference, register via the official accreditation or join by showing your IEM Katowice ticket on-site.
* * *
The ESL FACEIT Group is the leading competitive games and esports company. At EFG we create worlds beyond gameplay where players and fans become community. The company is built on the great legacy of the world-renowned ESL, FACEIT, DreamHack and DreamHack Sports Games brands. We harness this legacy to further innovate and develop the esports and gaming landscape worldwide. Working with our developer, publisher, brand, and media partners, we deliver products and experiences that accelerate gaming culture and make gamer communities come together. Join us on the journey as we help gaming communities thrive by creating worlds beyond gameplay that unite players, fans, and creators around the esports and games they love.